How Much Does it Cost to Design a Site?
What is the Cost of a web site design?
If you’re too busy running your business and/or you’re just not a technical person, then you need to hire someone to build your site for you. Plain and simple. The cost of a web site design can be minimal to very expensive. If you’ve searched online and visited sites of website designers/developers, you’ve probably encountered:
- No prices listed at all.
- Prices ranging, from extremely cheap to super expensive.
So we did some research and came up with a guide to what it costs to build (or redesign) a small business website in 2019.
For web design firms that did list their prices, we found the going rate in 2020 to build a small business website in Calgary and Alberta ranges from $3,000 to $7,000, but could be as much as $30,000 depending on customization required.
Factors that go into the cost of a web site design:
- Amount of Pages. What if a web design firm is offering a 10-page website package for $2,500, but your site needs 30 pages? You can expect to add about $100/page for each page over what’s included in package being promoted.
- Custom Design. Every website starts out with wire framing, but that’s just the beginning. That theme or template needs to be customized to fit the look and feel you want. The more customization required, the greater the cost.
- Licensed Images. Licensed or professional images can give your site a polished, brand specific, look, but it comes at a price.
- Configuration. Sometimes you can find a plugin that will provide the functionality you want right out of the box and other times getting your site to where it needs to be requires coding and testing. It a perfect world, everything would be plug-and-play and work perfectly the first time.
PRO TIP # 1: If you want to hire a professional to help you with your website, but you don’t feel like you can afford one lump sum payment upfront, see if they offer financing. That way you can get a really nice website right now to help grow your business, but not deplete your bank account.
PRO TIP # 2: Be careful with “budget pricing”. Unusually low prices often means you’ll get shoddy workmanship, an unpleasant experience or they’ll nickel and dime you for every little thing. As the saying goes, you usually get what you pay for.
Here are Navii though, we offer the same quality as a large web design firm but at small business price. In fact, we hold the “BEST PRICE GUARANTEE” conviction, and we will refund you the extra if another firm in your city gives you a lower quote for your web design project.
Take a look at our different packages and get in contact with us today. Be sure to follow us on instagram for the latest deals.